SouthComm, Inc., the parent company of NFocus, is currently holding interviews for its 2011 summer internship program. The marketing intern will work with the SouthComm, Inc. marketing department on the following publications: Nashville Scene, NFocus, Her Nashville, City Paper and Nashville Post.
This internship is for college students interested in ad sales, marketing, research, public relations, and/or digital media. Students will gain professional experience directly related to their area of study. Student intern projects include:
• Help plan and execute events
• Coordinate sponsor details for events
• Write press releases and media alerts
• Distribute media materials to appropriate outlets
• Promote events and other promotions through social networks
• Drafting basic marketing and public relations materials
• Manage email database
• Coordinate post event wrap docs
• Build and edit email blasts
• Create and analyze surveys to our readers
• Implementation of marketing projects
Education: Working toward Bachelor's degree in related field (Business, English, Liberal Arts, Business and/or Communications).
Experience: Previous experience in promotions, event planning, publicity, band management or PR is a plus but not a requirement.
In order to apply, please email your resume and cover letter to: